To nursing school, that is! I was so anxious to get home last Thursday, when Zack picked me up from volunteering at the National MS Society office. I knew "the news" was suppose to be coming in the mail some time during the week. I was completely at peace if I saw a small business envelope in our mailbox. But to my astonishment, there was a large envelope sticking out the top of our small metal black mailbox (the kind that is attached to the house beside the door...so convenient on those snowy days). I was in total shock, and I think I still kind of am. For those who don't know, I applied twice before, and this was going to be my last time. I guess third time really is the charm. Like I said, I had come to terms with the possibility of not getting in. What I was going to do if I didn't get was still a bit of a mystery, but we both had been praying and trusting that God had a plan for me. Looks like I will be heading to school this fall to start the Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) program at Cape Fear Community College. I want to thank my wonderful husband, family and friends for the support and words of encouragement over the years! You had more faith in me than I had in myself!
Congrats Les!
ReplyDelete