Friday, February 24, 2012

This Past Week...

Since Monday was a Federal Holiday, Zack had the day off! I know, lucky duck. We found a yummy breakfast/brunch spot called Snooze, an A.M Eatery. With an hour wait, it seemed like everyone else with the day off had the same idea, but it was well worth the wait. After we sat down and gave our drink orders, our waitress brought us the cinnamon roll pancake on the house! She heard that we were new in town from a little birdy, aka the extremely nice owner who was working the host desk and chatted us up a bit while we waited. This pancake was HEAVENLY! Once again the people of Denver have amazed me with their kindness. Zack ordered half Ham Benedict and half Bella Bella Benny, which was a benedict made up of prosciutto, Italian cheese and eggs served on ciabatta bread - YUM!  I had the breakfast burrito, which was HUGE, and probably best for a large appetite or to share. But it was delicious. We will definitely be back. The rest of the day was full of errands, although we took some time to take Banks to the park. We were a little nervous about whether or not he would behave...he gets a little excited on walks, to say the least. And the park is always full of dogs and geese...even more excitement! He did pretty well, although Zack might say otherwise since he was "walker" and got quite the arm workout! 

The Pack played the Tarheels Tuesday night at home, and we were excited when we got an invite from the local NCSU alum group here in Denver to watch the game at a local bar. Many of them were engineers so I think Zack really enjoyed chatting with them, of course during timeouts and halftime :) Even though the Pack started off really strong, the team couldn't pull out a W. But it was really neat to meet some fellow wolfies that live here in Denver. 

Tuesday was National Pancake Day, and originally I had planned on doing pancakes for dinner on Tuesday night, but we decided to move it to Wednesday because of the game. Zack took over the kitchen and cooked a yummy breakfast dinner! I was quite impressed with his pancakes. He told me afterwards that he put some applesauce in the batter...I knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it. They were so delicious! Here is a shot of his plate of pancakes and sausage:


Thursday morning we woke up to a snow-covered yard...again. Banks was the only one thrilled about it. He can't seem to get enough of the white stuff! He ran around again like a wild thing, jumping and rolling around in the freshly fallen powder. It was a really wet snow this time, which made it heavier and quite the workout to shovel...I would know because I shoveled. I figured if anything my arms got a good workout. I wasn't really happy about the snow since it was my day to go volunteer at the National MS Society, and I had to take the bus since the girl I usually ride with was out of town. But I quickly reminded myself how blessed I am to have my health and have no trouble (other than the snow) walking to the bus stop. And luckily the snow stopped right as I was getting ready to leave the house...Divine :) I know we are in Colorado during the winter and I am trying to enjoy the weather it has to offer, but I was so jealous of the 78 degree weather back in Wilmington! In February! Crazy! I hope all of you NC folk are enjoying it. Here is what we woke up to yesterday morning:

Restaurant Week starts tomorrow, and we are so excited! We have picked out three restaurants to dine at between tomorrow and next Friday. Denver Restaurant Week is very popular two-week culinary celebration in which over 100 restaurants participate. It is quite the deal at $52.80 for two to dine at places that could easily be double that on any other evening. Don't worry, I will be sure to fill you in on every bite!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment