Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Pinterest Project

Pinterest is just simply amazing. I think I have said this before. So many ideas for recipes, craft projects, home decor, organizational tips, and more. You name it, I am pretty sure you can find it there. Although we are renting our house in Denver for just six months, we have tried to make it feel like a home; putting our personal touch where we could.  I found a perfect wreath idea on Pinterest that would do just that! Even though Valentine's Day is over mid-month, I think I will leave it up for the full 29 days of February. After all, February is known as the month of love. I could leave the wreath up all year long, since love isn't really just a month-long thing, but what would be the fun in that!? Maybe a green-inspired wreath for March? Or just an overall spring one?

The valentine's wreath idea came from the blog "me oh my" Click here to see her wreath: me oh my blog.  Another reason I love Pinterest: you get introduced to so many great blogs that you may have otherwise never found out about!

Apology: I am not very good at the picture-by-picture documentation. Every time I get half way through something, I think darn, I should have taken pictures. If you are interested in doing one, I will say it was really easy. The hardest part was finding just the right shades of pink and red that I wanted for the yarn and ribbon. I couldn't find a pink ribbon wide enough, so I flip-flopped the colors. Even though I just adore the pink bow on her wreath, I think my red one turned out pretty good, if I must say so myself! :)  I need to thank the hubby for being so patient at the craft store. And even though he might not admit it, he was really helpful too!

So in the spirit of the month of L-O-V-E and Valentine's Day, here is my lovely wreath! I just adore my husband even more for letting me put a pink wreath on our door! Guess that is the power of love ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment