Monday, February 13, 2012

Zack's Birthday!!!


Zack's birthday was last Friday!! He took a half day, and we enjoyed spending the afternoon out and about. His dinner request was steak and mashed potatoes. He is so easy to please :) The bacon wrapped filet mignons (make by the birthday boy) were amazing! I went with Pioneer Woman's creamy mashed potato recipe, and I am so glad I did. They were a big hit! The "cake," on the other hand, was not such a big hit. Since it was just us two this year, I wanted to come up with something different for his cake. And truth be told, even though Zack has a sweet tooth, mine is much bigger and so I knew I would be the one consuming most of it! I found a recipe on Pinterest for mini cakes using cans as the forms. It was so easy and made the perfect amount, but they weren't the tastiest. I am not sure if it was the baker (me) or the recipe but something was a little off. This goof up reminds me of the year I tried to make him a Sun Drop cake...it turned out to be more like a bread pudding. It was yummy, but nowhere near a cake. It's the thought that counts, right?!! My cupcakes are tried and true...maybe I need to make some as a birthday re-do!

I am so thankful for Zack, who is not only my husband but also my best friend. Here's to another year of happiness, love and adventure. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Zack! And Les, your little cake looks super cute; I think the fault had to be in the recipe!

    ReplyDelete